Mepilex Border Lite minimizes trauma to the wound and pain to the patient at dressing changes. The Safetac technology prevents Mepilex Border Lite from sticking to the wound bed yet adheres gently to the surrounding skin. Mepilex Border Lite is ideal for those locations where a thin self-adherent dressing is required. It is a very conformable and gentle alternative to other thin adhesive bordered dressings.Benefits of Mepilex Border Lite
Areas of use:
- minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- self-adherent - no secondary fixation needed
- moisture proof and bacteria proof
- may be used under compression bandages
- promotes patient comfort; thin and very comfortable to wear
- conforms well to the wound and body contours
- may remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- broad selection of sizes
- may be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Mepilex Border Lite is designed for a wide range of exuding wounds such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, surgical incisions, and traumatic wounds, such as skin tears, blisters, abrasions, and secondary healing wounds.Mode of action
Mepilex Border Lite is a highly conformable self-adherent dressing that absorbs exudate, maintains a moist wound environment and minimizes the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges, preventing the exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer ensures atraumatic removal at dressing changes.Intended use
Mepilex Border Lite is designed for the management of a wide range of non/low exuding wounds, such as leg and foot ulcers, pressure ulcers, surgical incisions and traumatic wounds, such as abrasions, finger injuries, blisters, and skin tears.
Mepilex Border Lite can also be used as protection of compromised and/or fragile skin.
HCPCS: A6212, A6213