A thin foam dressing featuring Safetac® soft silicone technology that is highly conformable, absorbs low to moderate exudate, and helps maintain a moist environment while minimizing the risk of periwound skin maceration. May be used under compression bandages. Indicated for the management of diabetic ulcers, radiation skin reactions, partial-thickness burns, and Epidermolysis Bullosa.
Mepilex Lite is a thin and highly conformable foam dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment. The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges which prevents exudate from leaking onto the surrounding skin, thus minimizing the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer ensures atraumatic dressing changes. Mepilex Lite can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations. Benefits of Mepilex Lite:
Mode of action:
- minimizes pain and trauma at dressing changes
- stays in place allowing for quick and easy application of compression or retention bandages
- promotes patient comfort; thin and very comfortable to wear
- may be left in place during radiation therapy using commonly applied energy ranges and absorbed doses
- well suited to be used under compression bandages
- may be cut to suit various wound shapes and difficult-to-dress locations
- may remain in place for several days depending on the condition of the wound
- may be lifted and adjusted without losing its adherent properties
- available in a range of sizes to suit many wound types
- low potential for skin irritation and allergy
Mepilex Lite is a highly conformable dressing that absorbs exudate and maintains a moist wound environment.
The Safetac layer seals around the wound edges, preventing the exudate to leak onto the surrounding skin, thus minimises the risk for maceration. The Safetac layer ensures atraumatic removal at dressing changes.
Mepilex Lite can be cut to suit various wound shapes and locations.
Mepilex Lite can be used under compression bandaging.
Mepilex Lite can be used in combination with gels.Indications
- Non to low exuding wounds
- Pressure ulcers
- Radiation skin reactions
- Under compression bandaging
- In combination with gels
- Protection of compromised and/or fragile skin
- Leg and foot ulcers
- Partial thickness burns
- Epidermolysis Bullosa
- Peristomal irritation
HCPCS:A6209, A6210, A6211