Sofsorb’s non-adherent wound contact layer protects fragile tissue. The one-way, nonwoven layer permits passage of wound drainage into the absorbent pad, but then prevents the drainage from getting back to the wound to prevent maceration and re-contamination. The center layer absorbs wound drainage. The cellulose layer wicks drainage horizontally along the pad to increase dressing capacity. The air permeable backing provides strength and integrity. It can be used wet or dry for the treatment of various wounds.
Five layer construction:
– Non-adherent wound contact layer
– Stay-Dry Liner that permits passage of wound drainage to keep peri-wound skin dry and helps to prevent maceration at wound site
– Center layer that absorbs wound drainage
– Cellulose layer that wicks drainage horizontally along pad to increase dressing absorption capacity
– Air-permeable backing for strength and durability